Hi. We are Versus.
We've been building African consumer insight solutions since 2015. Local and global brands use our products to understand the African consumer better. Our sentiment analysis and direct-to-consumer software helps clients gather insight across Africa.
We aim to improve and grow together. With us, you'll find ample room to express your ideas.
It is important to us that we hire people that are open-minded, creative, and striving for growth. We aim to be intelligent, humble, industrious, and collaborative in our work together.
Like the sound of this? Say hello!
We are searching for a Business Intelligence Lead to join our team.
We operate in an attractive, growing field. Our business intelligence team aims to develop and strengthen relationships/partnerships in key markets. We’re seeking a result-oriented individual who will create data-driven strategies to improve our product Versus’ business and processes within the African continent. Our business intelligence team serves as a direct line in understanding the needs of our target market, clients, partners and how best we execute with our collective resources.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide strategy in design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics systems.
- Qualify inbound leads, and reach out to outbound prospects effectively, ensuring a growing and steady stream of opportunities to be converted to successful deals
- Meet target income expectations as assigned and agreed with the CEO.
- Conduct business meetings with clients to determine pain points, project requirements and milestones.
- Identifying new and unique methods to increase market share in the African region through existing partnerships or new ones created.
- Evaluating existing data-collecting and analytics systems
- Create a repository of the BI research results and findings.
- Review the project information to identify the risks and opportunities and present it to the key leaders.
- Analyze business processes and requirements
- Analyze the business performance and develop reports on performance metrics.
What you should have
- 5+ years of business development experience
- Bachelor's degree and above
- High level of drive & stamina to succeed in sales
- Software as a service (SaaS) experience a plus
- Commercially minded individual
- Proven entrepreneurial experience
- Prior experience conducting software demos, or exposure to sales processes from prospecting to closing of deals
- Track record of successes and clear distinction in sales achievements
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and organized with the ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment.
We offer flexible remote working and competitive salary